Building a connection b/n the Mind and the Body
By teaching us that our mind is free and has a choice of what to concentrate on, Meditation helps us feel confident. Running for a period of time in a controlled manner helps us take that one step further, and teaches us how our mind can control our body.
Today on the treadmill, I learned the importance of building a connection b/n the mind and the body. If I forget about playing roles in life, I start to be me. If I can believe that I have a choice of doing what I want to do that makes me feel alive. On the treadmill if both my mind and body work together then I can improve my health.
The mind and the body working in rythm together will make you happy.
A. You need to start with the mind. Believing that you want to do a certain thing, as simple as say relaxing and enjoying the very moment that you are in right now.
B. The second step is in focusing on getting the mind and the body to both work towards this common goal, and to be aware of this connection.
Seeing the mind and body working together is an amazing thing, a motor with a lot of power. Like watching the "connector" personality, the individual who is always meeting new people and connecting with them or the "A-type" personality who continuously sets goals and acheives them or the "Loving" person who constantly finds a way to create happiness from inside and shares it with other people.
The direction towards happiness (at least to the extent that i understand of it now) is not possible without an alignment of the mind and the body for any of the purposes of loving more or getting what makes you stronger.
Essential for picking up any habit that is good for you and can be enjoyable both in the moment and in the long-term.
Borzoo / Jan 08


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home